[ Home ] [ Up ]
Hair Care Ideas and Recipes
Hair Care products from a salon are very expensive. If there is a certain product
that works really well, that's great! It's worth extra for results. Many things can be
made at home that work just as well. You could also supplement your hair care products
with these recipes. The expensive stuff will last longer that way and maybe even work
better when alternated with other products.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups warm water
- squeeze of lemon
- Mix ingredients well.
Pour on hair after shampooing. Do not rinse.
Herb Shampoo for Dry/Normal Hair
- 10 ounces (283 g) coconut oil
- 6 ounces (170 g) tallow
- 4 ounces (113 g) castor oil
- 34 ounces (964 g) olive oil
- 7 ounces (198 g) lye
- 20 1/2 ounces (581 g) distilled water
- 6 drops rosemary essential oil for dark hair or chamomile essential oil for
- 5 drops of desired fragrance
- Follow Basic Soap instructions.
This recipe yields some very nice shampoo bars. If you want the regular liquid
shampoo, follow the next recipe.
- 5 ounces (142 g) grated shampoo bar soap
- 30 ounces (851 g) distilled water
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered pectin
- Put ingredients into a saucepan and melt until smooth and well blended. Remove
from heat and add 3 drops of chamomile, rosemary, or cinnamon leaf oil. Shake before
You can fill an empty shampoo bottle and store the rest in a larger juice
Parsley and Lemon Rinse for Hair and Scalp
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley (two tablespoons dried)
- 8 ounces water
- Boil parsley in water and let cool. Strain and add lemon juice.
Pour on hair and scalp after shampooing. Cool rinse. Spray on leave in conditioner.
Great for subtle highlights and shine. Also, cleans the scalp.